Summer time means ice-cream for us. My giggles and I love, love, love ice cream almost as much as we love…Well I don’t think there is anything we really love more than ice-cream :). One of our summer bucket list item was to make ice cream from scratch at home and where does one go to find such a thing? Pinterest of course. After taking a quick inventory of the pantry and fridge we came up with a list of ingredients we might be able to use for our ice-cream. Thirty five minutes of pinterest surfing gave us enough information to make this Homemade Cookie Monster ice cream recipe.
This homemade cookie monster ice cream recipe made a sweeter icecream than I’m use to but the kids approved of it and it used up the cookies that was otherwise would have gone stale. This ice-cream will for sure be added to homemade treat list for sure. Super simple, kid friendly recipe that will be a great addition to your ice-cream rotation list even if you don’t have an ice-cream machine.
What are you waiting for? Go get all the ingredients and try this recipe out. Don’t have cookies and blue coloring, make it your own just as long as you have fun with it. What other treats do you enjoy in the summer? Would love to know!
I hope you make it a great Monday and till next post, aloha!
Here’s the recipe from Our family of seven.com…Just in case!
No Churn Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Blue Food Coloring
- 20 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (like Oreos)
- 15 Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Break up 15 sandwich cookies and 10 chocolate chip cookies and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream, food coloring and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in condensed milk until color is uniform. Add additional food coloring if needed.
- Fold in broken cookies and transfer to loaf pan.
- Break up all remaining cookies and use to decorate top of pan.
- Place in freezer for at least 5 hours.